Monday, October 19, 2009

A Gr8 experience indeed..

I wanted to write about one of the jubliant moments I had here. It was almost a year back, sometime by 1st week of November 2008, when we were staying in a service apartment. There was a large team here at onsite and there were few girls also. We all planned for a DJ night in one of our apartments. There were many preparations for the it like food stuffs , some drinks, etc. For music, our Manager had just brought an iPod Speaker, and one of them took real pains for the collection of songs to include all kinds, (English, Hindi , tamil all types) basically to make everyone dance. Initially, I was a little bit reluctant to this plan. I was not very sure about dancing and I find this attitude with most of the south Indians, we feel very shy and worry about others comments . Then, by around 8 PM the stage was set ready. All were invited or atleast forced to be there in the room, switched off the lights (just a dim light was on), switched on the music... They played the first song, few people volunteered to dance, I was watching them, it was very good. They actually forced each of them to dance, slowly my shyness had gone, joined them in dancing, though I call it so , atleast that just I made attempts. All of us started dancing at last, enjoying to the core, jumping, dancing in the dim light. I have not experienced it ever before, this moment when I forgot all my sorrows, like a kid jumping and shouting was too good. Later, my manager and his wife also joined us in this party, and there were no differentiations on professional grounds. Then, I understood the basic reason for this arrangement. Since most of us were in the nut shell and was reluctant to come out for dance parties, our colleagues wanted everyone to realise THE experience. This turned out to a grand success. This went on for atleast 3 to 4 hours and I hope all enjoyed it a lot.. I thank my friends and colleagues who had arranged for this and made this one of the memorable moments in my Life.

2 comments:

  1. I know when the next music night will be...its gonna come realllll soon(Proj code Issues machi :P ).. i ll definitely watch out for that..lets see how you tap your feet...to THE music..!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a classic case of a chain reaction..when one comes out of his shell,it encourages the others to follow suit..

    ReplyDelete