Saturday, October 17, 2009

Deepavali hmm... not bad.. :)

Deepavali. hmmm.. thats the most enthusiatic festival celebrated across India, that keeps our spirits high!!!! And just the thought of deepavali itself will be joyous moments for most of them. This time, I was at onsite for this occasion. The day before when I went to bed, I was feeling very lowered and lonely, hence took very difficult efforts to fall asleep. Actually, couple of days ago my best pal had already travelled home for Deepavali and hence I could not catch him online, this also was one of reasons for my sadness. I planned to get up early the next day at least by 6 am, though not much to do except to watch tv (deepavali spl programs). But to my surprise I got a call by 5.50 am from my friend. It was a great booster for me and jumped out of my bed , spoke to him for 10 mins. Then, I became more energetic and spoke to my parents and sisters... Whenever i call them, its always difficult to answer the questions of my niece.. :) Always asking my return date, and the reason for being away from home.. Then, i woke up my friend also (we stay in the same house) ,he too had some couple of calls . Later we started watching TV together, atleast to get the feel of being at home. My cousin, who lives here invited me for lunch previously. So, watching TV , I quickly got ready and around 9.40 am I started to my brother's home. There, as expected had a good reception, then general relative chats and updates and some official talks with my brother. His daughters hardly spoke to me.. Then I had food there, it was very nice, actually I felt I din't miss Home food. Here goes the menu, gulab jamun, Pal gova, conventional sambar rice, vada, curd, rasam, mixture, pachadi..... went on.. had a very satisfied good lunch. Later, left from there in the afternoon hoping to watch a Tamil movie in theatre in the evening, but was not able to get the tickets (I owe the reason for it :( ). So, finally we decided to watch an English movie, 'The Recruit' in the LCD TV connecting it to laptop via hdmi cable. It was a decent good movie. Then, my friend and colleague called from Pune and was talking for about 20 mins. In the evening we went to the temple, the darshan was very good, had some prasadams there and on our return had our dinner in Kamat. Had a lot actually, some paneer sticks,amras poori, dahi idly(sweet), duet dosai (actually 2 masala dosas with different catnis- red and green in it) finally the long awaited Lichee with icecream.
So, had a decent Deepavali here.

P.S.: Hope Bursting of crackers are banned here, could not hear any sounds, I too din't make any attempts to know that also, but only heard it on phone in all calls from India.

1 comment: